After countless requests from my fans, here is a method I’ve developed to stay sane.
For a busy homemaker, the daily grind can take its toll. It is so important to have fullfilling hobbies on the side, else the constant demands of children, manslaves and other house pets wil wear you down. I find that making my own space and controlling it subtly but utterly helps me in all but the most desperate times.
- Find a few lonely outcasts, let them work for your affection and then keep them in a tight hold of affection and ridicule. This step will take time, it’s important that they absolutely adore you before seriously testing their loyalty.
- As the group grows, make sure you are at the center. Do not be afraid to discard dissidents, it will only make your group stronger! Make the weaker members dependent on your daily support and general awesomeness.
- Invent an enemy. Nothing brings people together like a good war! Let them know that you have inside information on the enemy, then drip feed your minions with tiny morsels of you truth. Do not be afraid to embellish, reinvent or even make shit up! As long as you keep the gradient low, your people will accept it and be in awe of your knowledge.
- Time to prune again. Your band of merry men must be free from disinformation, if a group member challenges you too much, dump him! There are plenty of outcasts, you don’t need rebels.
- Let your minions know that they in their own little way can contribute to keep the enemy in check. Regularly send them on skirmishes, and tell them it’ll be fun to see the reaction. If the skirmish is successful, you can chime in, and strike awe into your people with your stinging comments and overall fantastic verbal skills.
- Reminisce about particularly successful skirmishes, and blame unsuccesful ones on dictators who are afraid of the truth.
- Do something else with your group, be a family. Watch movies, share links, do drugs, laugh together and let subject of the enemy drop for a while. Your troops are tired and you need to (pretend to) listen to their concerns. Help them feel good about themselves, and they will adore you forever.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 until you find something better to do.
I hope you will all benefit from my extensive experience in this field, let me know how it worked out for you in the comments section.